I've been reading these "create a chart" threads for years. It's always been and still is the same thing over and over: Biab/RB won't do what we want and all the other programs either don't work or are so complex (and expensive) nobody but a rocket scientist can figure them out.

This has been in the wishlist since forever and nothing's been done so the assumption is nothing can be done for whatever reasons so for me it's a dead issue. Therefore I've worked out a workaround that others have figured out as well.

What you do is simply visualize what the chart looks like without all the extra stuff like 1sr/2nd endings, tags, codas, DS's, and section letters. By that I mean it's like taking a pic of an existing chart with your phone and simply counting the number of bars you see and the chords you see while ignoring the other stuff.

Enter your chords and bars in Biab that way as one chorus, no chorus repeat, then print it out and then hand write all those other things. It's no problem to get the staff, bar lines, melody and chords alone to display like I want them. I'll set the left margin to 3/4" so I have room to write the song section letters and any little one word notes like "Tag" or "Coda.". I can easily hand write the coda sign wherever it should go.

I'll then make copies and hand them out to band members. If I need to email them I'll scan them to a pdf and email that. Not as elegant as using Biab's built in pdf creator but using a scanner is almost as fast.

Just experiment with that and forget wishing Biab would do this or that or messing around with all these other programs. My advice is just deal with how it is because change ain't happening and these other programs don't work either.

Bob

Last edited by jazzmammal; 01/02/15 07:25 AM.

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.