Originally Posted By: gibson
floyd
You make it look easy, like it's a natural thing to do cool
Yep I believe that, excellent track.
As Charlie says the mix seems very clear, a good mix between you and the backing.

I like the effect at 2.55ish when the 2 solos play and it sounded to me that someone ad-libed something in the background. I re-listened to it a few times and it is the 2 guitars BUT....

You hit 2015 with the bar set high laugh Alyn

ad-libed.. smile that's the way it SHOULD sound, eh? it was just a trick to make you re-listen a few times smile thanks, Alyn...

Originally Posted By: Kemmrich
Ha, ha -- eight (count 'em) real track guitars in there!! You make it sound so easy, but your songs never sound like they are BIAB. The nuances and subtleties that you (supposedly) can only get from real playing are always there in your mixes. I don't know how you do it, but it sounds great.

Fine lyrics and super vocals, too.

Thanks for dropping in, Kevin... I think getting those "nuances and subtleties" from the BIAB tracks is pretty easy. I consider BIAB to be a stable of studio players who will give me professional sounding tracks - if I know what to "ask for". Guitar based songs, like this one are the hardest because there are SO many options. It can be overwhelming because you can find a lot of different things that seems to work. Whittling down to bare essential is the hard part. Part of your perception might be from the leads in the chorus. In a case like this, I find something that works (as fills) and then use the same thing in the other choruses - the way a guy in the studio would - a repeat of the sound theme. If you leave what is originally generated, it will sound good, but not coherent in context - and will give that sense of "the software doing it all".. hope that made sense...