Lawrence,

I love everything about your music... your production, your selection and positioning of instruments, your voice, your nonchalant delivery ... but I think your genius lies in your lyrics. The closest commercial songwriter I can compare you to is Don Henley. You both have an uncanny knack for making your point with words that have never been used to say that before... but it always works perfectly!

I've never seen a lyrical cliche in any of your productions. I usually have to go back multiple times to strip away the layers in order to understand what you are trying to say. A lot of times I can't... but that's OK, because I'd rather not be spoon-fed ideas. I think allowing the meaning to appear naturally after many listens is very powerful, if you know how to make that happen... and you apparently do know how to make that happen.

Either that, or you just write down any ol' crap that enters your mind and I'm buyin' it hook line and sinker as the emperor's new lyrics. But I don't think that's what it is. I think you are an amazingly talented song writer, and I hope you manage to reap some reward from all the work you've put into your songs. They are consistently songs that capture and hold my attention and make me want to listen repeatedly.