Quote:
The "Substitute Realdrums for MIDI drums" option only works for PG Music created styles that contain midi drums. This is normal behaviour. BIAB will not substitute Realdrums for drums contained in midi files.

To add on to what Noel said, the above is true and BIAB will not substitute for MIDI files; however, if you have a style that is NOT a PGMusic provided style (for example, Norton Music styles), you can still get substitutions.

The current substitutions are controlled by a file in the BIAB folder called "a_pgmusic.ds". If you look at this file with a text editor/viewer, you will see a list of styles and the preferred substitution. That's where BIAB gets it's substitutions from.

You can also create your own substitutions by creating a file called "MySubs.ds" in the same format as "a_pgmusic.ds" and get non-PGMusic styles to have appropriate substitutions.

For example, for the Norton Music styles which do not substitute RealDrums, if you created a "MySubs.ds" file listing the Norton Music styles, followed by an appropriate (or inappropriate, depending upon what you're looking for, your choice) RealDrum name, those styles will then honor substitutions.

I suppose you could try also just editing the "a_pgmusic.ds" file (I haven't tried this), but I suspect it would get overwritten with the next program update. Hence the "MySubs.ds" file.

This information is found on the "RealDrums Settings" page of the BIAB help file.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com