Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Heartbreaking topic, Tommy, and you sure did address it accurately and honestly.
I've been down that road with my parents, both of which are gone now. I see a lot of the early warning signs in myself already... which might not be as alarming if I didn't already know how the book ends.

My hat's off to you and anyone else who is primary caregiver to a parent or anyone else who needs constant care. Y'all are saints in my book.

Your songs are always good, and normally I would take some time to talk about the craft and technique of how you fashioned an idea into musical form... but this time all I can think of is the heart of a man who would do for his parents what you did. That's worth a lot more than being able to write a good song.

You did both.

Pat, the caretaking and songwriting are much the same in my eyes. I have learned that the reward is in the experience. Thanks for all the great things you say about the songs. Both mine and others. Best to ya, Tom
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
I don't think we can add to the sensitivity of Pat's description. We too are
experiencing the same with our 90 and 93 year old mothers. Being able
to put these experiences into words and music is something that I can
barely imagine given the sadness involved. I hope this will bring some
comfort to family caregivers who may hear it and realize that they are
not alone.

And of course it is a great production, a beautiful write and the vocal
completely captures the feeling.

J&B

Having been aware of y'alls current situation, you know you were on my mind during the writing of this. Thanks for your care and support and know that you have mine. Tom