Here's a question for you guru's.

My desktop is now 4 years old, time to upgrade and until I read this info about Win 10 I was going to buy Win 8.1. My install of Win 7 Ultimate is OEM and is an authorized install. No discs.

Now I'm thinking I should wait until Win 10 is released and get the free install over my Win 7. The question is will I have the option of doing a brand new clean install of Win 10? If so does that mean I can then clone the OS partition and then copy that to a new computer that I will build? I know I would probably have to call MS to get it authorized but will that work and thereby save me from buying 8?

Or, am I being too clever and I should just build the new comp now, buy Win 8 and then do the free upgrade later?

And as long as I'm on this subject what SSD/mobo do you guys think is the best bang for the buck? You know, the old 90/50 formula. Get 90% of the performance at half the cost of the very best 100% system.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.