Originally Posted By: floyd jane

If you have the chance to met Pat, I highly recommend it. He is a good soul.... My wife enjoyed his visit just as much - and I believe told him "It is nice to find out you aren't a serial killer..."

floyd

LOL....

Pat started his road trip by coming here after visiting a buddy of his in Chapel Hill... just up the road a ways between us.

When I approached my wife about Pat staying here over night.... her response ...."and you know this guy how?" uhhhh on an internet forum for musicians..... "so you really don't know this guy at all?" yeah I do... on the music forum.... he sounds like he's good people..... I could almost hear her thinking, yeah Charlie Manson was a musician too and look how that turned out....

Well eventually Pat arrived and we all had a good time. We took him out for Eastern NC BBQ pork because up where he lives they eat "western NC BBQ" which is quite different....and enjoyed good conversation. We came back to the house and jumped on some studio time..... working a bit on the new version of Charlie's song about Cheating songs.....

Pat stayed overnight and in the morning, I cooked BACON and some of the freshest eggs my chickens had laid.... wash it down with coffee and much too soon, Pat was on the road headed to the next destination on his road trip....

We had a good time... including my wife....

As Pat left he thanked us for going all out on the hospitality... and I think I muttered something about having to set the bar high for the rest of the folks.... from the sound of the stories....I think everybody measured up and hosted Pat in fine style.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 02/17/15 04:09 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.