Final chapter of my road trip... I just left Notes Norton and his beautiful wife/ performing partner Leilani. They played a local gig at a marina (yes, a waterfront gig! how cool is that?)

Their repertoire is built around backing tracks that Notes created in BIAB using his own styles! (how cool is THAT??)

They keep their duo interesting in a variety of ways:
1) by maintaining a very large active song list

2) by playing a variety of different instruments in the course of the show

3) and by interacting with the audience at a very personal level. Patrons actually stopped to hug them as they left!! They know many of their audience members by name! Their audience not only enjoys their show, the audience loves them as people and as friends... I've rarely seen anything like this!

4) and by visibly acting out how much fun they are having! Their enthusiasm for performing is truly infectious, and I can honestly say that watching their show filled me with a profound sense of joy.

After the show Notes and Leilani very graciously took me to a wonderful restaurant (also on the water, fantastic view, fantastic food and fantastic company! Thank you Notes and Leilani!)

Because the season for performing does not last the whole year, the Nortons like to travel during their off-season. If you ever have the opportunity to meet them, ask about their travels... they have been EVERYWHERE! and their experiences have been truly unique and off the beaten path.

But the best thing of all is the glow that marks the unmistakable presence of deep love and respect between two people. When Notes and Leilani sit beside each other you can almost see sparks flying between them! I am not in the habit of envying others, but I find myself wishing for a relationship like theirs... and for the unique brand of contentment they have built into their lives by making choices that allow them to live exactly the life that thrills them.

Thanks for helping me to arrange a meeting with two people I've liked and respected from a distance for years. My expectations were high, but the reality was better. Bob and Leilani, you will always be welcome in my home!