02-24-15

Hello all, been away from BIAB for a while. Started working on the tutorials recently and have come to a road block. Looking forward to getting back into it because I remember how helpful this forum was.

My main question is: how can one make edits to a generated track, save them, and hear them when the program runs after making the changes?

The problem I am experiencing is that: I am able to go into Staff Roll Notation mode or Editable Notation Mode, delete the previously generated notes, replace them with the edited notes, but when I play the song back, the original notes sound. The edited notes remain visible and are even indicated as playing by the red cursor that highlights each note as it is being played back.

For simplicity, I have assembled a simple four bars. The piano and drums are muted so that only the bass line can be focused upon.

Next, I click on “Generate and Play”. If I go into Editable Notation mode the following shows the notes that were generated.

Next I go into either Staff Roll Notation or Editable Notation mode and make the following changes, just to the first bar.

Staff Roll mode:

Editable notation mode:

When I play the song back you can see that the edited notes are recognized by the program. Note red cursor.

Yet, what is being heard, (see below) are the original generated notes and not the simple edited eighth note pattern, (see above) that was used to replace the original generated notes.

Two questions:

1. How does one save the edits?
2. If I want to write an entire bass track from scratch can it be done with either a Real Track or a MIDI track? I worked a little bit with this and am wondering if the track must first be written as a MIDI track and then converted to a Real Track (as an option, if you want it to be a Real track).

Thanks in advance. Really would appreciate help on this.
Dan