I experimented with some melody instruments and effects on this piece. The drums, bass, piano, acoustic guitar and pads are all RealTracks. The Melody instrument is made from Garritan sampled instruments of Marimba, Wurlitzer Piano, Vibraphone and Harp. I put a little chorus effect on the melody line. The solo part is the Garritan JaBB mellow electric Guitar.

I did have a terrible time with trying to do this all in BiaB. After getting the piece to sound as I wanted it to, I tried the "Send to Soundcloud" recording feature of BiaB. When I listened to the piece, the solo guitar part was NOT the instrument on that track. I am not sure what was playing but it wasn't a guitar. It sounded like some of the instruments from the melody track but not all the time. I tried recording it to wave and just listening to it on my computer but the exact same thing happened. I had to save each instrument track as an individual file then I finally got the guitar to be on the soloist track. So, all the mixing ended up being accomplished in Sonar X3 and not directly out of BiaB.

Is this a problem for others? Does the export to Soundcloud actually work correctly for others?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the piece:

https://soundcloud.com/richrayer/prelude-to-spring

RichR

RichR