Hits? Probably not, but with a little massage you can create some stuff that'll get folks tapping their toes. The operative word is "create." One thing BIAB doesn't do is produce "hooks." That's where human inspiration and musical ability comes in.
When a program can write as good a piece of music as I can, I may quit. But right now software still requires human management.

Speaking from an all-MIDI standpoint, I discovered that putting BIAB in jukebox mode and having it autogenerate songs gives mixed, but interesting, results. About 85-90% of the tunes will be yawners, but every once in a while something will turn your head and make you replay what you just heard. Again, that's when it's time to roll up your sleeves and get to work.

I've also fooled around with Real instruments enough to know that they can be truly convincing in the right hands. If that's not enough, you can always make your own sounds and Styles. All I can say is, start digging through the library of Styles and instruments available to you, and (as the good Doctor say) HAVE FUN!

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."