The Behringer mixer is an audio interface and will work just fine. There are things it does as an analog signal that other interfaces do digitally. It allows you to setup your recording session with effects and record with effects. You can also record without effects and apply those post recording. Some other recorders even in a similar price range offer higher recording bit rate. Some people state they think the mixers produce more floor noise. That has likely been corrected in newer models. I have 24 channel Behringer as well as two Presonus interfaces. The preamps are comparable and I've never noticed any noise advantage of either of Presonus units over the Behringer mixer. Using a mixer and recording the processed signal live is no different than using a digital preset to record over. Many songs are recorded using Presonus, Yamaha, Mackie and Behringer top end digital mixers.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.