Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Lucm says: "I am a beginner in this whole business, now I
need some mixing equipment and I have rather specific immediate requirements, but those requirements are likely to change in the future so I thought I would ask the opinion of more experienced people."; "I like to make music at home, it's a new hobby and now I want to record my material."; "I want to be able to mix, monitor and record all (my) input sources at the same time.";
But he also says;"I suppose I can mix, monitor and record multiple sources with (the Tascam DP-008) and its Pros: it's small, compact, I can carry it around, including to the studio where I rehearse with a band (playing drums). I want to be able to record the rehearsal sessions, too. The Tascam DP-32/24 series MTR's are excellent field/live venue recorders and meet all of his wishlist needs that a non-mixer computer audio interface does not.

Lucm is also facing possible limitations and issues with linux OS as well as MME/ASIO issues and latency. None of which are issues with the stand-alone Tascam.

I also just noticed at Sweetwater they are pre-ordering an updated DP-24 (DP-24SD) at a very competitive, reasonable alternative price to popular interfaces.

That DP-24SD is nice. Price is nice as well.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DP24SD