First welcome!

As far as "integration" the answer sort of depends on how much PC DAW experience you have? The fact you are asking makes me think you don't have much (MIDI or computer audio experience)? What exactly do you want to know: is it just how to connect to PC and use it PowerTracks, or how to use MIDI, or how to record audio out of GR55 - all of the above??

I don't have a GR55 (I have MUCH older GR-50 plus tons of other "stuff") but doing a quick look at GR55 manual with respect to DAW use (i.e., PowerTracks) you can input MIDI to Powertracks (BUT NOT vice versa) via USB as well as audio over same USB to PT.

So to keep it simple, and especially if you have no other external MIDI or even audio gear (at least for now), I'd suggest using the USB connection to PC for both GR55 MIDI (to trigger PC software VSTi/DXi's, record your MIDI note playing, or both) and to bring in audio from FROM G55 to PC.

But up to you to read the GR55 manual to learn what has to be done to get GR55 to first work with your PC. The GR55 USB may be "plug and play" or it may need you to install a Roland USB driver (old military axiom, paraphrased: RTFM). A very fast look at Roland site, GR55 seems to have (ASIO and USB) drivers for GR55 - so I suggest you use them and make sure it's the one for your OS.

As far as "best" orch VSTi - that's open ended - It's akin to the question: "What's the best guitar?"

Define your use for an orchestra VSTi's (a full scored classical symphony, some chamber music, movie sound track, a few violins for a pop song backing track?) and your budget - you'll get more help for folks here.

But to START (and this is all subjective and just MY opinion):

Cheapest over-all for a FULL/ complete orch is PROBABLY (not necessarily) Miroslav Philharmonik, WHEN ON SALE (usually a few times a year) can be had for ~$79. ( I have it, I use it, I mix it with OTHER LIBS)

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/philharmonik/

Next up in price, and some would say sound, is probably Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 (~$129 for sale right here at PG music!) (not to be confused with Garritan POCKET orchestra (not nearly as good) that comes with Cakewalk's Dimension Pro) (again I HAVE it, I USE it, I MIX it with other libs - both GPO4 and Dim Pro with lots of add-ons)

(you can hear some sounds here - http://www.garritan.com/products/personal-orchestra-4/ )

I JUST stumbled onto this sale while looking these up for you, but seems like Kirk Hunter's Diamond Orchestra is on sale right now for $150 (usually $300) - BUT IT REQUIRES YOU to HAVE the full Kontakt (at least version 4), not the free player. So if you don’t own Kontakt that's going to be another $400 . (since I JUST found out it's on sale I WILL NOW HAVE TO GO BUY IT cry )

http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/audiodemos_diamond.html

Then there is Kontakt 5 (full version $399) it has some good/basic orch sounds and depending on your needs - it may be sufficient? Maybe you need more Kontakt add-ins (like the KH Diamond above - but that can get expensive - those libs add up fast) . (again I have it, I use it, etc. )

Moving up $$ scale there is East-West stuff like Quantum Leap or Vienna Symphonic Lib. (these both require a dongle - dongle "copy protection" can be a PITA) (I now refuse to use anything that requires a dongle or PACE style protection)

And on, on.

Do some Googling homework right here, also look over at KVR and Cakewalk forums - lots of Orch. sample libs with wide price ranges (almost free, cheap, moderate, up to needing first born as collateral) and more opinions on goodness/badness than there are actual posters of those opinions grin

Good luck
Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 03/27/15 12:51 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20