1.) So, I'm getting pretty frustrated here. I just finished a project using Sonar X3, and Audition CS6, and my Alesis was running fine with both of those. Now, I can't even get BIAB to recognize my Alesis as a MIDI, or ASIO device. It shows up in BOTH (MIDI & AUDIO) of the driver choice windows, but when I actually choose it, and move it to the top, it gives me an error saying it's installed properly, but is apparently in use by another program, but I have no other programs open.

Kallum in Tech Support said something about I needed to install my PC's default audio driver, which is NOT ASIO, because I ONLY had my Alesis ASIO driver installed. I thought, and still think that doesn't make ANY sense. Why would I have to install an Audio driver for something that doesn't even HAVE an ASIO driver? Furthermore, my other DAWs work just fine with ONLY my Alesis installed. Also, neither BIAB or RealBand allow to set the sample rate at 24/48.

2.)Is there any way to "convert" my Sonar INS file for my Alesis Fusion 8HD to a patch that I can use in BIAB?

3.) When I originally installed BIAB2013 it let me customize my folders so I could choose to put all of the ancillary data on my big data drive, as opposed to my smaller SSD drive. However, when I opened up RealBand to try and troubleshoot this driver problem it prompted me to re-assign those directories. When I tried to accept the BB directory somewhere other than C:\, it wouldn't let me. I was able to reassign the other directories as I wished.

I was considering uninstalling and re-installing either my Alesis driver, BIAB, or both, but I KNOW NOTHING is wrong with it. And even after Kallum suggested I install the PC's default driver, it's still not working right.

Can anyone here more familiar with BIAB's idiosyncrasies help me out here?

KC

i7-12650H CPU, 32Gig RAM/Win 11 Pro. PreSonus 1824C, Native Instr S88 Mk1, ATOM SQ, PreSonus Sphere, Sonar Platinum, SampleTank4, BIAB 2023.