Top notch everything!! Great vocal team, beautiful relatively sparse arrangement which builds nicely (strings are perfect), excellent mix. There are some elements of great songwriting which stand out so clearly here:
1) Melody is simple and sweet. There is a nice motif which makes the melody catchy enough to sing after one listen, and pretty enough to want to.
2) A lyrical angle which is quite unique, and positive. There aren't a lot of songs (any?) which constructively address the upside of a failed relationship. And, the singer takes the moral high ground. I believe the audience likes to sing along with songs where they relate to the message of the singer. And, the message, though unique, is not hard to relate to or contrived. I love some great bitterness as much as the next guy (Dylan's LIKE A ROLLING STONE) but this message is refreshing and sweet.
3) The song oozes craft without being over-crafted. The lyrics are simple, straightforward, and understandable on the first listen. The emotion is great. I hear this as a song that could play during the credits of a film with the same theme. Watch out Dianne Warren!!

Great work Floyd. An instant classic!! Take care. Greg

Last edited by Greg Johnson; 04/18/15 08:15 PM.