Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hey Musiclover!

Well, that was great entertainment. When you sang...

Quote:
I started dreaming, it was getting late.
I met Saint Peter at the pearly gates,
He smiled at me and he said with a grin,
Don’t even try you, you’re not getting in.

... I burst out laughing at the end of line four. Such a brilliant way to set the tone for the whole song! Very, very clever writing. These lyrics played as images in my mind while you sang and I could so easily see St Peter standing in front of the pearly gates, shaking his upright index finger like window wipers on a car and saying... "no way buddy".

For me, this was pure enjoyment from top to bottom! Loved it. The sound and style is what we'd call a 'bush band' here in Australia - it's kind of folk meets sea-shanties meets Irish jigs and reels smile

I'm really looking forward to what you'll come up with next.

All the best,
Noel

Thanks Noel glad it gave you a laugh, I always appreciate your take on song, and the help that you gave doing those pdf's on how you construct your own songs.

Thanks for the info too on the "bush band" does gave a new meaning to the old expression "to beat around the bush"

Thanks again.

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi Musiclover. Really enjoyed this song.
I like that it is unpretentious and the idea we will meet all our mates in hell. Cheers.

Hey thanks a lot for having a listen Rich, glad you enjoyed having a listen and maybe gave you a laugh.

Originally Posted By: JimFogle
Musiclover,

A very enjoyable song. The song has a nice sound to it, not too bright or too much bass. I can envision the beer mugs swinging in the air while this is sung in a pub. smile

Thanks Jim for taking the time to have a listen, we do love our Guinness too much here in Ireland and having a sing along to go with it.

Originally Posted By: gibson
Musiclover,

I enjoyed that and it reminded me of the hangovers from the fun nights I spent in pubs in Cricklewood and Kilburn many decades ago.

All my mates are in Hell also!

Wonderful song.

Good video to go with it

Enjoyed

Alyn

Alyn thanks a lot, like yourself I too spent quite a while in London around Cricklewood Kilburn and Fulham, Fun times, I still go on google street view to have a look around even though its 20 years since I was there.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Originally Posted By: Noel96
....The sound and style is what we'd call a 'bush band' here in Australia - it's kind of folk meets sea-shanties meets Irish jigs and reels smile

No way can I best Noel's description.
This was a fun listen. Nice production!

J&B [/quote

Thnaks a lot Janice and Bud, still learning and trying to improve the recording skills, and quite a way to go yet.

Originally Posted By: dcuny
That was a fun listen!

My only comment is that your vocal seems a bit soft to me, but it might just be your voice, and not the mix. In any event, I'd take floyd's advice any day before listening to me. wink

Thanks David for having a listen, will take your advice when doing the next song to see how it turns out, I got an inexpensive condenser mic so will try that next time to see how things go, maybe try a bit of EQ or something to gave vocal more bite.

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
[quote=Noel96] ....The sound and style is what we'd call a 'bush band' here in Australia - it's kind of folk meets sea-shanties meets Irish jigs and reels smile

No way can I best Noel's description.
This was a fun listen. Nice production!

J&B

That was a fun listen. I think floyd is right a little slowdown might work well. Tom

Thanks Tommy for taking a listen and the advice about timing, to be honest when recording that I couldn't do the vocal in one take as I would have ran out of breath, for some reason or other over here the country groups that play at open air concerts seem to speed everything up, don't really know if they do it because people are sometimes jiving and they want to give them a good quick beat to dance to.

Thanks a lot everybody for all the advice, I prefer that people are straight talking and tell me where they think I could improve, really that is the only way I can learn for the future.

Really appreciated everyone taking the time to listen.
Musiclover

Last edited by musiclover; 04/22/15 12:01 PM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile