Hello,

My name is Al, I'm from California, and this is my first submission to the group: Helping Hands.

I should warn you that, until very recently, I was a total beginner when it comes to producing songs. I had just a little idea of what recording a song on a computer was. I bought Reaper last year but, but being a just-mediocre rhythm guitar player and a truly horrendous singer, I had not been able to put together any music that anybody, except my dogs, could even tolerate. Being a total newbie to recording, the whole process was way above my pay grade (MIDI, VSTs, mixing? What the heck was all that?).

But then I purchased BIAB a few months ago, and it's has been nothing short of a dream-come-true to me. For years and years (decades, actually), I have always had these melodies lurking somewhere inside my brain, with no real way of communicating them. Literally, BIAB has enabled me to play music that before I could only dream about. I had this thing called life happening to me (wife, kids, grandkids, work...) and for too long I didn't have the time, means and resources to dedicate to my music. But after more than 40 years of work, I have now retired, finally (finally!!) have some time to dedicate to my music, and BIAB has been a marvelous tool to put it into reality. And I'm loving it!!!

The song I'm submitting today is my latest; my song creation process had been put off for the last 2-3 months while I was helping my son with his new business, but I dreamed of this song one night a couple of weeks ago, and decided to breathe life into it. If you feel adventurous enough, I have about 25 other songs on my Soundcloud Page which I created once I came acquainted with BIAB. My musical tastes are wide and broad, so there are Country, Blues, Rock, Classical and even Latin melodies there.

All my songs have been created entirely within BIAB, using my keyboard (my computer keyboard, that is) as my instrument. Since I can't play a piano keyboard (yep, I suck at that too), BIAB's piano roll has become my best musical friend. :o)

I have only shared my songs with my family and small circle of friends so far, but I've been following these forums for a while and developed a great deal of respect for you guys and gals as musicians, so I feel you'll be great judges of my efforts. As a matter of fact, I waited until now to submit any of my songs because I felt a little intimidated by your level of expertise, like a freshman entering a room full of seniors for the first time. But I also noticed that you are most polite and understanding with each other, so I finally took the courage to jump-in.

I would really love to receive your comments and feedback. Sorry for the long rant, and thank you very much for your time.
Al