I was playing a nice User Showcase song today, and when it finished another one started - which I also recognized as a User Showcase song - so I just left things on in a jukebox mode. I guess this feature was just the site (soundcloud etc) having some algorithm that plays other songs from the same customer or something.

Anyway, it got me thinking that it would be cool if User Showcase songs could play as a "radio" - jukebox (with the composers permission of course). Since the songs are hosted on all kinds of different sites, I'm wondering if/how this could be done.

So I'm asking for input:
- does this sound like a good idea?
- do have suggestions for how it should work... Should it just play songs at random in any genre or ? Likely be good to have a country user showcase station for example, and another for rock or jazz.
- does anyone know of software that would help with this? For example. Maybe soundcloud or somewhere else has a feature like this. Or there is off-the-shelf software or site to build a radio station from a list of song links...

There are over 3,000 songs posted in the User Showcase, so if only a small % want to be part of the radio, that would be a lot.

Peter

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.