Originally Posted By: HearToLearn

This is what I would like help with. What are they doing to those vocals? They almost have a synth or vocoder type of sound to me. Yet you can understand them.

What effects are they using? I think, but don't know, I hear both reverb and delay. Is there heavy compression to get them so tight? What else? smile

They likely are using all of that and more. Chances are good that Autotune is used on harmonies (though NO ONE can say for sure except the engineer). And they would move any syllable that is not perfectly lined up (to be lined up).

BUT... the biggest thing is... these guys have been singing together for YEARS. It's what they do. Finding GUYS who can sing that high is a tall order to begin with... but those kinds of harmonies come from people who have been doing it all their lives...

Extending/Additional Vocal Lines - that is simply arranging - like any other instrument - just takes a bit of thought/imagination - the same kind you might apply if you were adding strings or guitar fills, etc....