Originally Posted By: floyd jane
[quote=HearToLearn]

They likely are using all of that and more. Chances are good that Autotune is used on harmonies (though NO ONE can say for sure except the engineer). And they would move any syllable that is not perfectly lined up (to be lined up).

BUT... the biggest thing is... these guys have been singing together for YEARS. It's what they do. Finding GUYS who can sing that high is a tall order to begin with... but those kinds of harmonies come from people who have been doing it all their lives...

Extending/Additional Vocal Lines - that is simply arranging - like any other instrument - just takes a bit of thought/imagination - the same kind you might apply if you were adding strings or guitar fills, etc....

Got it. That all makes sense. I guess I am trying to figure out the raw vocals I would even need to do a lot of that. Meaning, how many voices, how "airy" are they. Things like that as well.

I have seen some of RF's live stuff (unplugged) and they can sing...not as well as their recordings though wink

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Great advice as always!

Last edited by HearToLearn; 05/05/15 03:51 AM.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.