The following is all opinion, not health advice, but something that might send others on their own journey of research.

I've read, and I choose to believe that a alkaline and low-glycemic diet is a major key to good health.

My parents died too early from sugar related diseases, and that's when I started research. My friend who 'bought' 6 years of life with her diet reinforced it.

No sugar or foods that turn into sugar quickly (this also prevents type 2 diabetes). When they test you for cancer, what do they do? They put some sugar into you with a tracer and see where it goes. Sugar is food for cancer, it also makes your body acidic which cancer loves.

Of course that means no more white bread, potatoes, sugar, white rice, macaroni and so on, but good health is priceless. If you haven't got your health, you have nothing.

There are glycemic index / glycemic load charts all over the Internet that can show you which foods have the lowest impact on your blood sugar.

There are also charts that will show you which foods make you more alkaline.

I hope it's an ounce of prevention for me, and if you have problems already, it might help the medical profession help you (as I said, always check with your doctor - I am not a doc, not qualified to give medical advice, and am not giving medical advice).

My friend got an extra 6 years of life doing the above plus taking lots of nutritional supplements. I don't know if it would work for everyone, but it seems to be keeping me healthy for now, and at my age I don't have the challenges that my parents did or my siblings are facing.

So google and google some more. You and your doctors are partners in your health. Anything you can do to help them helps you.

I hope you beat this thing Nev.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks