Hi Mal,

Good news! I installed the BB UltraPak on a USB 3.0 FLASH drive (128GB), and it worked great.
This is the $39 flash drive that I used. http://www.amazon.com/Silicon-Power-128GB-Swivel-SP128GBUF3B30V1K/dp/B00JT0E56M/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1431970777&sr=8-13&keywords=usb+drive+128+gb

Bootup time on a MacBookPro (Retina, Mid 2014)/Yosemite machine from the USB Flash Drive was 7.4 seconds - fast!

btw, this was all on a Mac running Mac version of BiaB. We will try it on Windows too.

It took about an hour to copy the whole thing - this was slower than expected, likely because it is creating about 100,000 filenames along the way. That might be related the FAT32, could be faster with native file system (ie Mac file system on a Mac).

So I tried it again, but first formatted it to Mac's native file format (Journaled). And it was much faster to transfer - 3GB/minute from the flash drive, so about 30 minutes to copy it to the Flash drive. The program ran at the same speed, 7 seconds to bootup.

So once transferred, it runs very fast on either formatting (FAT32 or MacJournaled).

So that would be a solution for someone that just wants to keep BiaB on a separate drive, but just wants a small flash drive.

Or you could keep it on a key ring or something.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.