Originally Posted By: Noel96
John,

If you use the Soloist function to select a Realtrack, you have a little more control. For example, it's possible to use the "Custom" button and have the solo play a specific range of bars.

Assigning a solo by RT picker to any of the tracks will put it on that track for the duration of the song. (Bar settings will allow a user to bring it in an out of the playback as he or she wishes.)

Hope this helps,
Noel

Thanks Noel! I see how you get a little more control with Soloist and I get how assigning it to a track means it generates for the entire track (until you turn it on/off by bar setting) but I was wondering if the generation of the solo part is any different using Soloist. I guess I could experiment with this.

I also wonder if the solo generated is any different due to it being generated on the Soloist track as opposed to another track? For example, other than the natural differences you would get from each generation of a RealTrack, would the following techniques yield the same or different results?

1) I create a 4 bar song with a single chorus.
2) I assign a RealStyle to my song.
3) On the second track (default Piano track), I assign "809: Guitar, Electric, Soloist DrivingCountryBallad Ev 065 (Audley Freed)"
4) On the Soloist track I assign the same track as #3 using the Style picker
5) Generate
6) Will both tracks that are assigned 809 be comparable or is the Soloist track generated differently?
7) Delete the 809 from the Soloist track
8) Open Soloist dialog and assign 809 to the entire song
9) Generate
10) Will both tracks that are assigned 809 be comparable or is the Soloist track generated differently?

Also, a follow up question...is the generated track affected in any way by the style that has been chosen?