Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Yes, generating a solo on the Soloist track (using the Soloist dialog) is different in a few ways.

1. You can generate a solo over a certain range (for example 4 bars starting at bar 1 chorus 2.
2. You can regenerate other solos on the same track, including completely different instruments with different tempos.
3. You can use features like 'trade 4's' to determine where the soloing happens.
4. There are MIDI soloists available too (range of #s are 1-360 for the MIDI soloists). Higher than 360 are RealTracks.

Thanks Peter! Those Soloist controls are really awesome for sure. But I was wondering if the end result, the generated segment of music, would be different or essentially the same. To clarify, I guess I am curious if using the Soloist enables some different algorithm so the generated segment matches better or otherwise "fits" the section of the song better than if I simply added a solo RealTrack and let BIAB generate along with the other tracks.

I think maybe to further clarify, I have always assumed BIAB chooses better "starting" phrases at the beginning of a section as opposed to the middle of a section. If that is true I would therefore assume that using Soloist for a section is better than assigning a solo RT to a track and then using bar settings to turn it on and off at the various places I want the solo to occur.

Or maybe the RT generator just does its magic without regard for whether it is a Soloist controlled section or just a solo RT assigned to a track?

Last edited by JohnJohnJohn; 05/25/15 08:01 AM.