Another short experiment: August Exit
Mostly, it's just an attempt to mix and match various piano styles together. That, and an excuse to use the Mark Knopfler-esqe guitar soloist:
RealTracks in song:
- 519:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 120
- 888:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment PopBronx Ev 120
- 811:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Acc PopVancouver Ev 100
- 891:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment PopLiverpool Ev 065
- 511:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Dire Ev 140
Auto-generated by BIAB Melodist using the "Phil_Col" style, with the guitar solo cobbled together from the takes I liked the best. It had originally been longer, but parts there were a number of repeats that didn't add anything, so I just kept chopping out sections until it didn't seem excessively long. Now it seems a bit too
Time-stretched and mixed in Reaper (haven't got 2011 yet), with GPO4 instruments on the MIDI string parts, also generated by BIAB.
Given that it was originally intended to show off the piano, I suspect the piano is actually a bit low in the mix. I was pretty pleased with how well the various piano styles could be mixed together.
Feedback (other than "stop auto-generating songs in BIAB and calling them your own"