Originally Posted By: Noel96

<I personally believe that> PG Music would never take advantage of customers in this way. They're one of the best and most sincere companies that I've ever dealt with.

Just my two cents worth.

See insertion. I don't say you're wrong, but in any kind of a music forum you have to take the fanboy effect into account. One example, a guitar vendor who, according to most of the denizens on one board walks on water. Oh, he will absolutely work with you. He'd take care of you no matter what. First and only transaction I had with him he shipped what I considered a pretty unsatisfactory product. Even though his reputation was such that everyone insisted everything he shipped was extensively inspected and of indisputably higher quality than most. I was willing to see if I could address my issues via warranty, but my usual guitar tech was out of town for the Thanksgiving holiday. When I asked if I could extend the usual return period one day he not only refused, he did it in a pretty snarky, desultory fashion. So I sent it back, ate the shipping and made a mental note that it's not what they do for everyone else. It's what they do for *you*.

Till they put it in writing I'm going to hold off buying a copy. Again, that's not a critique. It's just being careful.

I own the Windows version. No issues at all. But then I haven't really had to rely on out of the ordinary good will or beyond all expectations customer service so it just means I like the product and wouldn't think twice about purchasing the Mac version as long as I knew I wasn't in the position of having to depend on a favor rather than a policy.

If they don't want to do that, it's absolutely their right. But usually when people don't offer those kinds of assurances, it's for a reason. Like it could be another 2-3 months and they don't want to give out that much extra use unless they get paid for it. And that's OK, it's their business, their software. I'll just make due with the Windows version in a VM until they get something out there.