Jbridge doesn't to "allow" you to use VST plugins. That is up to the host you are using them in. I don't have a Mac, so I have to ask, does the Mac version of BIAB support Mac VST plugins (the Windows and Mac VSTs are different, so you need to have the correct ones)?

Jbridge is used to make 32-bit plugins work in a 64-bit host and vice versa. If you have only 32-bit plugins in a 32-bit environment, or only 64-bit plugins in a 64-bit environment, then you don't need Jbridge at all.

And do you have mixed 32-bit/64-bit plugins? If so, then why not just download the JBridge from the site and try it out. The Windows version comes with a utility called Jbridger that allows you to wrap plugins for the other format (so you can wrap a 32-bit plugin to work with 64-bit a host). I would imagine the Mac version comes with that also.

The Windows version the PGMusic provides was modified so that BIAB can use JBridge natively, without having to wrap the plugins with JBridger first. It just makes the use of JBridge seamless. I have used JBridge a long time before BIAB made it available.

I suspect (especially since the JBridge web site still indicates that JBridge for Mac is still beta), that the host integration hasn't been done.

But JBridge lets you try before you buy, so why not try?

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com