Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Scotty,

I've heard you do this one sans harmonies and backing track and thought it great then. With the great harmonies and backing track, you've improved on perfection.

Your prowess on vocals, diction, and delivery has always impressed me and we all could take a lesson from you, my amigo.

Thanks for posting.

What can I say to that? Thank you, Don:)

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Now that is a great upbeat song. I grew up in extreme SW GA which is definitely
not bayou country but I just felt right at home with this tune - but we had plenty
of cypress trees and Spanish moss. Janice said it just made her feel good!

Everything sits just right on my monitors. Your heartfelt vocal is perfect for the lyric
and the harmonies ice the cake.

Thanks for the opportunity to hear this. We both very much enjoyed it.

J&B

When people ask me what kind of music I write or play, I often answer, 'Feel good music.' I have an unfinished song lying around somewhere called 'Feel Good Song.' Anyway, you made my day with your comments. Thank you, both.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very very cool Scott!! Love the vibe, and the BG vocals are awesome. The boys from the box fit in perfectly. Wouldn't mind the bass being a bit louder. Absolutely love this! Take care. Greg

Appreciate that, Greg. Oh that low end:(

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Scott,

This sounds great Scott!
A solid country song, vocals and backing vocals are top notch.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thank you for the listens. I'm passing on your nice comments to the gals.

Originally Posted By: gibson
Absolutely superb
wonderful vocals and harmonies.

Thanks for the story as it makes the song so much more real

excellent, thanks for sharing

Alyn

Why thank you, Alyn. Glad you appreciated the story and enjoyed the song:)

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Scott,

What an OUTSTANDING listen! There's no way anyone could listen to this and not feel great. The song, its arrangement, performance and mix lack for nothing. I was absorbed from start to finish.

All the best,
Noel

I'm feeling pretty great about your reaction to the song! Thank you.

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Scott.

A great song and very atmospheric - I've just put that area on my list of places to visit when I finally do my tour of the US.

The background information makes the song special - thanks for including that. It conjures up wonderful images as the song plays.

ROG.

Thanks, ROG. Like I mentioned, it's not a universal tune, so I thought I'd explain it's origins at least.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Terrific, Scott.

A tight write. A cool sing-along chorus.

Cool vocals all around. Good mix.

One of your best!

(where's the squeezebox????)

Going back for a fourth listen...

floyd

Thank you, Floyd! Your comments are always most welcome. Yeah, we kicked around the idea of an accordian or a washboard. Perhaps in the live version:)

Originally Posted By: JimFogle
Scott,

Well written, performed and produced song. I am most impressed by the vocals and the arrangement. I really liked the way the fiddle was used. The backup vocals complement your main vocal. Got me missing the moss hanging from the Spainish oaks.

Thanks, Jim. I'm not real happy with the ending. Not as smooth as I'd like it to be, but I am thrilled that you like the production. I tend to add in way too much music at first and then start cutting/editing. Very happy those fiddles worked out. Along the way I sent several versions of this mix to the gals for feedback and suggestions. They really helped me dial it in.

Originally Posted By: JosieC
Hi Scotty
Love it! Especially that low "echo" backing vocal. Was that you? Loved the line "I've got steel in my courage". Will try to tune in to a show on SJ so I can hear this one live. Good job.///

Thanks, Josie. Yeah, that's me. I'm a baritone/bass most of the time. The idea for steel and courage came from all of the heavy industry here focused on oil rigs and shipbuilding. Thanks for the listen:)