Hey - I got the XV and EWI both in the XV headphones with BIAB playback using the XV's GM, connecting using only the XV's front panel USB MIDI port. I had to set Windows to use XV for MIDI, and tweek the two MIDI config sections from Preferences to make sure that XV was being used. Even though the driver was properly selected according to the MIDI driver screen (both IN & OUT), I didn't get BIAB playback from the XV until I additionally clicked on something in the MIDI options or a Roland setting. Note that even though I set Windows Audio to the XV MIDI out and could play a MIDI song through the XV, BIAB still didn't output until I made these changes in it's config - independently of the Windows settings.

I'd include a screenshot of my config if I could figure out how to do it - is that allowed in the forum?

Now I just need to fix the recording. I'm connected from the EWI to the XV's MIDI IN - should I be connecting to MIDI THRU instead? BIAB has melody on ch4, solo on ch8, and thru on ch5. I select the Melody button, hit record, and play the song and my EWI. I stop recording, and at the top of the dialog box it says I've recorded 0 (zero) notes. It still asks if I want to save, but I guess that's why nothing ever is and I can't find it.

How do I associate what I'm outputting from the EWI to the BIAB Melody, Solo, or Thru using the buttons at the top - or will it always be on thru? I think I'm almost there!