Originally Posted By: BIABguy
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
been answered here many times before...what you create with BIAB is yours to do with as you see fit.

Thanks John, but this still doesn't answer the question really.

"The arrangements made by Band-in-a-Box are yours, and your songs may be used freely as long as they don't infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others."

Nor does the above in the FAQ that Noel mentioned.

Using something freely (as in accompaniment live or at home) and selling something are two different things.

I would like to hear if tunes created using BIAB can be *sold* for a profit online (or offline) to customers.

Doing something "as I see fit" may not be legal.

That means any ORIGINAL song that is generated by PGMusic software can be freely copyrighted, posted and/or sold, i.e. no copyright issues. Any COVER song that is generated by PGMusic software can NOT be posted and/or sold because of copyright issues with others, BMI and song publishers or example.

This is true with all DAWs also. You can not post, give away or sell any copyrighted song unless YOU PAY for that privilege.

Last edited by MarioD; 08/03/15 01:11 PM.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware