Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Not my favorite genre, but two of my favorite talents. Meatloaf made a career out of Two Out of Three so along with the absolute gorgeous vocals, excellent choice of RT's and a great mix by Floyd and Bud - It's a superb song.

I was struct immediately that this song style, Janice's vocal and production brought to mind a popular recording group here on the east coast. This song fits their female lead singer like a glove. A perfect match in my opinion. I am acquainted with her and her manager and while I can make no promise, I can certainly contact them to see if they will listen to an mp3 of this.

I won't make any attempt until you guys have approved but this group has been the top CBMA (Beach Awards Group) on the east coast at least the last two consecutive years and one many awards from CBMA. They get a lot of airplay on beach radio.

Thank you Charlie. We've been out of town for nearly a week and I have't been able to thank folks. Thanks for commenting on my vocal! And Bud wanted me to mention that the mix "belongs" to "the man" floyd alone.

Janice

Originally Posted By: Sundance
I love the analogy. Now I know without any doubt I'll get flack for saying this and people will line up to disagree with my opinion which is why I probably should keep it to myself.

Verse two sings best for this genre. Verse one and three lyrics sound forced for the singer in spots and could benefit from some smoothing out to make it a great traditional blues song as opposed to a good one. It's fine as it is and I love the analogy. I wouldn't bother facing the retaliation I'll get if I didn't think the overall write was a good one.

The arrangement and production are spot on and Janice is in her element.

Thanks for the time to listen and the comments Josie. Maybe you are hearing this as more of a traditional blues song than I approached it as. I felt that structurally and of course lyrically it was more of an Americana style song with a bit of a blues flavor to it. BTW I hope you don't feel "retaliated!" smile

Janice

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Floyd and Janice,

great blues. Janice's voice and your harmonies
are the usual high standard.
Unfortunately I don't understand the lyrics fully.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter

Thanks Guenter!

Janice

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Floyd, Janice and Bud, I listened earlier and was immediately struck with the concession and stand line. Leave it to Greg to get there first! Beautifully sung. I honestly don't know if anyone in the world could have done that any better. That is a voice to die for with a smile on your face. Very clever write and much different than any song in this genre. Also unique to this song is the harmony. Totally unexpected and very well done. Another superb collab. Backing instruments are right where they need to be. Nice reverb on the vocal! Expert mix. You know how much I love blues so you must know how much I love this. Tom

Thank you Tom! That means a lot for you to say that about the vocal. It was fun!

Janice