Originally Posted By: gruverider
Very well done! Every aspect is so in the pocket! Great sound!

Thanks Lawrence!

Janice

Originally Posted By: Planobilly
Hi Floyd and Janice,

I love the blues and I know the blues and you guys could have walked on stage with any of the real blues players and been an instant hit.

By the time you had the first note of the five chord in the intro played the band would have known where you were going with this. And if there would have been a horn player he or she would have liked the fact it was in B flat. I assume you put it in that key for Janice.

The vocals are as good as it gets. By the time I got past the intro I had my guitar in my hand to play along. Doing this in 12/8 is the gold standard for most slow blues. In real life on stage with someone like Johnny Clyde Copeland or Albert Collins 12/8 time is very close to what they would have played. I call what they actually did "blues time"...not sure if it can even be written.

The lyrics to the song would have been well received and understood as they are today. Because there are a lot of words, there is not much space to place guitar fills in between the words or chase the voice as we say in the blues world. You did a pretty good job of not covering Janice voice, a cardinal sin in blues, well old school blues.

Not much I would have done differently, perhaps infer the triplets accent a bit more on rhythm guitar or on the Hi Hat.

Leaving out the 4 chord on the turn around is a cool departure from perhaps what could be considered standard. If you dig very deep into the blues you will find this progression somewhere. The blues is much more complex and hard to do well that many people assume..Great Job!!

This plays super well today and would have been a well received tune in 1950.

Keep playin dem blues cause wee's be likin it!!

Cheers,

Billy

I much appreciate your comment about my vocal, Billy. Bud and I love the blues and particularly the 12-8/shuffle variety. I felt like a very lucky girl when floyd asked me to sing this!

Janice