I've been thinking about this problem.

It brings to mind some questions. Someone could probably figure out the answers by just playing with it, but I would hope these questions could be answered within the documentation (by PGMusic).

1. When you use slash chords for different bass notes, which instruments respond to it? Just the bass, or all chordal instruments? So in other words, does the piano, guitar, strings, and bass (assuming they are accompaniment versus soloing styles) all honor the slash bass note? Meaning if you freeze the bass track and then take away the slash chords for the other instruments, you may end up having conflicting bass notes playing.

2. If just the bass, is that based on the name of the instrument used, or is it that the bass must actually be on the legacy bass track only ?

My concern (in thinking about it) with freezing the bass, then removing the slash chords and regenerating the piano part, is that the piano (as potentially a full range instrument, depending on the style used) will now play the root bass note (and potentially other bass notes that work with the chord), which may then conflict with the moving part on the actual bass instrument.

I think we need a better understanding of how it works "under the hood", and what is actually affected by using slash chords. I did look in the user manual to see if this was explained, but only found that 1) yes, slash chords were supported and that 2) [presumably MIDI-only] soloists will adjust their scale based on analyzing the use of slash chords.

So Assuming that all chordal instruments probably honor the slash bass, I agree with the original assessment; if the base chord is the same when using slash chords, it should be treated that way and the style should not play the 1 beat MIDI patterns found in the style. This should then probably be a wishlist item (if not already).

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com