rharv & Guitarhacker:
I attempted to use Vielklang 2 as a virtual instrument and I had PARTIAL success on the very first try. Noticing I wasn't doing it correctly - I was supposed to use the virtual instrument with nothing (no data/music/audio) on the track - I tried again. I couldn't get it to play the loaded vocal track past the first measure AND it sounded tinny & robotic. confused

solidrock:
What you say makes a lot of sense. I can see how a sync problem would be disastrous for something like this. I read that 2nd thread you posted and it backs up what you said.

The TC Helicon Harmony plug-in is interesting - I've tried it before with varying results. It might do harmony okay but from the examples I've heard Vielklang 2 is much better AND Vielklang does the note/tone correction. This is one of its two major functions. Its more than a harmonizer.

I tried to use a vst host and in fact it doesn't work. The very first time I loaded Vielklang, I got it to then play back my wav file BUT the "play line" just kept on going, it would not stop! I reloaded the wav file and tried both with the host link and without it activated. It wouldn't work at all. Nada.

I only thought that not only would getting this to work in RB would help me out, but it would also be a help to other users too. I can always D/L a DAW - there are even free ones that'd probably work with this like Zynewave Podium or Traverso or even Qtractor. One of these would work right? Which one would be best?
(There's always LE or LT versions of DAWs like Cubase or Protools that I received with hardware I bought too.)

Thank you all,
Brad