Originally Posted By: Brad Strum
solidrock:
. .So I did as you suggested and checked 'Midi Option > Output Sync/Start info'. I think what you mean is that BIAB can sync with Vielklang just as it can with any VSTi synth.
I mean to Sync BB with Live Professor with the VSTi in: Slave Sync Live Professor Free to Realband/Biab/PT as BB has the same problem as RB/PT no sync to the VST from the host.

I loaded Vielklang choosing 'Add VSTi plugin' from the 'Default Synth Plugin' drop-down list (the same one with CoyoteWT & SampleTank). I got the interface of Vielklang to pop-up. The curious thing is when I loaded my WAV file into Vielklang and clicked Play in BIAB, my WAV file began to play - clearly, no distortion - BUT it would ONLY play the first measure! It would then repeat for as long as I let BIAB play - looping that first measure of the WAV file! YES that is the problem RB/BB/PT has, looping the 1st bar.

I can even edit the vocal notes as usual but they don't make a sound. To get sound you might need to be using ASIO Driver Also, I can't turn off the 'Link Playback to Host' (the short chain links on the interface) so I can't play/pause the file from within Vielklang.

Also, unlike the RB setup where I got the Harmony button to work, it would not work in BIAB. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong or setting up something wrong.

Any thoughts as to how we might be able to use this info to totally edit & harmonize the WAV file? Does anyone have an opinion?
Unless you have another DAW it should work fine in LP as a slave, this will allow you to save the midi/wav files from it back to RB once you have the sound/notes from Vielklang.

I think this could be important. I am close to dropping this in favor of using a regular daw tho. Any thoughts as to which one I mentioned above might be best? Slaving clocks via a vst host etc. might not be the best way to go.
Another DAW will work fine, having LP as a midi clock slave is not ideal, but you can get all the VSTi's that need the host tempo/sync to work this way, I downloaded the demo version of Vielklang and I could see the problem instantly, I did not try it in LP as I'm pretty sure it should work fine.
I use EZDrummer and it is a PAIN to go from one DAW to the other all the time when you are making up songs. This way I can create the drum track in LP with EZD2 in it bit by bit, add MultiRiffs then add different fills where I just added a guitar MultiRiff, or I might want to add a hold on some instrument and put a drum solo in, as said b4 without going from RB to another DAW and back n forth . . . back n forth . . . back n forth. . . back n forth just like the cursor in the first bar goes cry