Originally Posted By: PeterF
Nicely done -heartfelt lyrics - hard to imagine here in Australia what it was like.(from a musical perspective the slide fits really well).

Thank you Peter. I auditioned several soloists and the slide guitar was the best fit by far. Although I tried to make the tenor sax work because it's a song about New Orleans.

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hello Lawrence,

well, there is not much not to like about this song laugh .
Cool vocals as always. A nice rhythmic feel, and like Peter said, the slide guitar fits this song like a glove.

Rob & Anne-Marie
Thank you. I enjoy the rhythmic feel of these drums. I would like a bit of control of the kit though.

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Lawrence,

everything fits perfectly.
And above all I like your vocals.
Very enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Thank you again for stopping in for a listen. I'm glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Lawrence,

Good song. I can relate. A hurricane changes you forever. We were living right near the coast where Andrew made landfall in '92. Our house was the only one in our neighborhood that still had a roof the next day! Six hours of sheer terror.
Afterwards, we didn't have electricity or water for six months. I'll never go camping again! grin

I hope the song was therapeutic.

Regards,

Bob

p.s.

Looks like Erika will be over our area on Tuesday. We have a gig on Tuesday - I think. frown
I just read that Erika has weakened. I'm happy your sake. I only had 5 weeks of no services. Eating MRE's that we would pick up from the National Guard in the parking lot of a closed down grocery store. That and Ice were what we lived on. My Condo was undamaged though many around me were either flooded or lost the roof.

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi Lawrence awesome work love your stuff thanks eric
Thank you again Eric.

Originally Posted By: mwgilbert
Your tunes consistently have very professional sounding production and arrangements. On top of that you are a genuinely talented singer. The song has a bit of Bruce Hornsby thing going, and I can easily imagine hearing this without ever thinking of Band in a Box, or anything other than "cool song, wonder what the album sounds like".

The ten year anniversary of Katrina makes one think about the fragility of life and the resourcefulness and determination of people in the face of it. The song put me in the place of thinking about that, and that's a fine thing.
Thanks for taking time to stop by and comment and for the kind words. Fragile indeed. Nothing is promised most of all tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I’m a vessel on a vessel in the middle of a storm
I’m like a candle in a hurricane
Sometimes you don’t know what it takes, takes to carry on
You’ve got to find the joy in the pain

That is some great writing!! You never cease to amaze me Lawrence. This is a hit! Should be on a hundred radio stations. Vocal is amazing, arrangement rocks, everything works!!

Take care. Greg
That is very generous of you Greg. Thank you for that.