Originally Posted By: KeithS
Rodney,

Great video, and I wanted to take a moment to thank you for the inspiration you gave me back when you were sharing your results from your guitar studies. I've always been more of a bassist than a guitarist but hearing what you did in just a year inspired me to get all of Doug Seven's videos and push a little harder as a guitarist. I didn't accomplish quite what you have but I'm a little more proud of my guitar playing now than before I was exposed to you.

Thank you.
Keith, really appreciate the words and nice compliments! Sincerely. Good on you for getting in the woodshed and chopping some wood! I really understand! Despite many social epithets concerning age, we are never too old to re-invent ourselves in any capacity or truly develop a new skill set.

In regards to guitar I have found that progress (real progress) is only possible when slow and steady. I discovered the 'fast track' to getting competent was tiny improvements, often and usually imperceptible, made daily. I forget that some days when I look too far ahead at where I wish I were!

I am not playing nor studying 'country' much anymore, so I gave up hybrid picking practice. I am studying old blues and learning to 'flat pick' in the styles of Tiny Grimes, Charlie Christian, Billy Butler, Bill Jennings, Roy Lanham, Tiny Moore, Jimmie Rivers etc. I feel like 100% beginner and it's frustrating because I am gigging in this style. At the gig, any shortcomings and 'true' current skill set are quickly revealed, LOL!

Hope you are having fun above all else and again I am really grateful for the nice shout out!

Cheers and thanks RG