But even if I have a capo on 2, and I want an Am, playing a full barre chord, it's still the 5th fret. It's playing open strings that are no longer EADGBE that messes me up.

Like okay. One of my songs was in D but I needed to play some arpeggiated chords with accent notes that required me to play it with open C fingering. Yes, I could have put a capo on 2 and played it like the capo was the nut and I was playing it in C, but my brain would not allow that. I actually ended up putting lighter gauge strings on a guitar and tuning it up to F#-B-E-A-C#-F# so I could play it like it was a normal tuning but had to train my brain like "The song is now in C. The song is now in C. The song is now in C. The song is now in C. The song is now in C. The song is now in C." And I literally had to do a chart of the chord pattern in C to play it that way. I could not get my perfect-pitch addled brain to play a note I knew was a D as if it was a C. Nor could I get my guitar playing brain to ignore the fret markers. It's weird, I know, but remember I also have my DVDs and CDs in alphabetical order. And if I bought a CD by Notes Norton, I am so OCD that I would move every CD after where Notes Norton falls alphabetically in my collection back one slot so that CD was in proper order. If I bought a CD by Adam Ant, it would be a 2 hour project for me to move about 700 CDs in binders all back one slot so Adam Ant was where it belonged.

OCD, anal retentive and ADHD (plus PTSD!) is NOT a good combination. grin

Last edited by eddie1261; 10/07/15 03:44 PM. Reason: corrected typos

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.