Josie and Dean,

O my goodness....

My first thought was .... "What a great arrangement!". Then Josie started singing and my next thought was "Wow, Josie, you sound outstanding! Really, really nice!". As the song progressed, those thoughts never once left my mind. This is one of the most skilled arrangements and performances that I've heard on this site. Seriously. My only constructive comment relates to the background vocals and this is entirely a personal preference thing; my feeling is that the BGVs didn't enhance what is a first-class, top-notch presentation. The tessitura of the BGVs seemed to create that conflict with other instruments that notes at the lower end of the sound spectrum are renowned for causing. I pass the opinion on for what it's worth. I have no doubt that it's due to the way my ears work.... as I said, a personal preference thing.

Taken as a whole, this is magnificent music, arranged and performed superbly and mixed with creative flair! I've been a Burt Bacarach and Hal David fan for as long as I can remember and your cover of "Walk On By" stands proudly beside all other versions I've heard over the years. You have both excelled in creating this track.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024