One morning in the studio Daniel ask me what we would be working on and I handed him some lyrics. I said this is a song that I had and idea for and that it would be a fun song. He took a look at the lyrics and started laughing and I said see I told you it would be a fun song and Daniel replied I wasn’t laughing because it is a fun song but seriously the title is "I Became Elvis". I said yes, and that is who I want you will be this morning. It doesn’t have to be a perfect Elvis but just that it appears to be him. You only have to be Elvis on the chorus and be yourself on the verses. After a few times of me teaching him the first verse Daniel said lets do it (he is a very quick learner). We always record the verses first, the chorus second and then any background vocals if needed. After completing the verses, I sang the chorus for him and then we started recording and…well I guess you’ll just have to hear it for yourself.

I Became Elvis

I know
You want believe
But something fell over me
Then I became Elvis

Standing
Upon that stage
I began to sing these songs
With the voice of Elvis

A well a bless my soul what’s a wrong with me
I’m doing the jailhouse rock
Don’t be cruel to my teddy bear
And of course my hound dog

It’s strange
Yes I know
But the spell came over me
And I became Elvis

Repeat chorus

It’s bright
These Vegas lights
But I’ll never give up these songs
Cause I became Elvis

Style - elvis1.sty elvis 1- 50’s rock shuf blues
Drums - Country shuffle - Shawn Soucy
Bass - 2287 - acoustic jazz swing ron walking - Ron Carter
Guitar - 372 - acoustic strumming - Tony
Piano - 1855 - acoustic country boogie - Jeff Taylor
Guitar solo - 1710- electric western swing - Brent Mason

HP AMD Athlon(tm)II B28 processor with 3.4 GHz 16GB ram - Mixcraft 6 DAW with Waves Diamond effects - 32" Westinghouse flat screen monitor - Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 interface - Studio Projects B1 mic - Sony HDR 7506 and Sennheiser HD 202 headphones - 2014 BIAB.

Last edited by SRP; 11/01/15 01:02 PM.