Quote:
guitarhacker: Good idea to Analyse the export! And as you might expect I did not find any crackles in the wave Editor, no matter what Driver I select.

If it exports smoothly with no crackles, and I was relatively sure it would..... you gotta look deeper into the settings and driver. My bet is that the settings are still not quite right. Buffers and latency settings can mean the difference between what you are hearing and having a smooth, flawless playback. Since the settings are "out of the picture" when the computer is exporting, in that, the computer can take it's time and doesn't have to provide the audio in real time, that is a good test to see where the problem is originating. Your files are good, export is good, it only happens under certain changes to the original files, so the problem has to be in settings and driver issues. Essentially, the computer isn't able to convert the data and get it to the speakers in real time so to prevent itself from dropping behind, it simply drops some data and you hear that as crackles.

TRY THIS ALSO: Freeze the individual track or tracks, after you do the generation. That keeps it from needing to do conversion in real time. This was often a "fix" I used when I first started recording with midi softsynths. By freezing the track, audio was generated, which replaced the live synth, and the synth was shut off or bypassed, freeing up valuable resources in the DAW.

I know some folks who actually change their DAW settings based on whether they are recording.... one buffer/latency setting... or in playback/monitor mode.... a different setting. With each setting optimized for the particular job being done. Normally, you should be able to find a setting that allows efficient operation in both modes without needing to change the settings..... it's just that some folks do. Yep... have another look at the settings and the driver. I believe you will find the solution there.

Originally Posted By: StefanE

Herb: I just listened to some of your songs in your Upper Room. Respect!
I would like to learn know more about your way of recording these beauttful tracks ...

StefanE... thank you. Just ask any questions you have. I'm willing to share most of the things I do.... it's really not a secret. I have some plugs that I use which employ customized presets, and with those, I don't share the specific plug settings. I will tell you the name of the plug I use.

You may not be the only one wanting to know how I do things, and by discussing it on the open forum, everyone can join the conversation if they wish or just sit back, read, and learn. It's taken me years of writing and recording and slamming into brick walls to get to this point. If I can help others get here faster, and hopefully avoid the brick walls and road blocks.... that's good.

BTW, there are several others here who are well known for their high quality of writing as well as recording and innovative use of BB & RB. And I also know that quite a few folks are using the same or similar methodology as I do.

But, yeah, just start a thread in the Recording and Mixing forum. I check in regularly.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 11/23/15 03:35 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.