The Scarlett 2i2 has been for sale for roughly $100 for several years, including at your local Best Buy. This is precisely why you will find loads of them on your local Craigslist.

This unit from Behringer IS their version of what the Scarlett 2i2 is, for 1/2 price.

It's not a copy however - Behringer doesn't really have an inherent need to do that any longer.

BTW, something not discussed here - Behringer also now owns TC Electronic, TC Helicon, Midas, Lake Audio, Bugera, Tannoy. Well, it's covered under a big holding company called Music Group, of which I'm 90% sure is owned by Uli Behringer and others.

Plenty of legitimate intellectual property to mine in those companies to build into their low-cost line.

How did they get to the money to purchase all of these companies - see 90 dB's posts.

It's my opinion that they really don't have an incentive to outright copy other products like they did or supposedly did for 'lawsuit' products as in the past.

http://www.music-group.com//brands?active=Brands

For the record, my current audio/midi interface is a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8. I also own a Behringer Bass V-Amp Pro, and a Behringer V-Amp 2.

My favorite lower cost audio company of the past several years is however, Zoom - whom I believe to be responsible for outstanding for innovative, cost effective products. I love my Zoom G5 amp simulator/multi-fx processor and I also use a Zoom B3 bass amp simulator/multi-fx which makes my crummy cheapo bass sound like a couple thousand bucks!