Originally Posted By: lingyai
Originally Posted By: pax-eterna
All I could add to that is that I have used ViLabs Ravenscroft Piano (32gigs) and 64bit version, with no issues, along with a couple of instruments in Sampletank 3 (also 64bit). Maybe I was lucky, but I didn't notice anything crashing - although maybe those two are not really pushing the limits..?

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE BIAB to be native 64bit smile , all I'm saying is it seems to work okay with J-bridge for me.

Just to clarify -- you had all 32 gb loaded and used within BIAB, and it worked fine? Or is that the total library size, only a portion (for example, with only certain .nkis loaded and / or unused samples purged) actually resident in RAM?

AFAIK, Ravenscroft, Sampletank and others (probably Kontakt too) with these large sample libraries actually stream from disk, they are not loaded into RAM...it is the "modelling" VSTi's that use RAM exclusively. I have not heard of a modelling VSTi that uses more than 4gig of RAM at any one time. Streaming VSTi's, well at least to my way of thinking, have, relatively, very little effect on RAM.

So I would tend to agree perhaps with PG, that your "out of memory" problem could indeed be coming from somewhere else and not BIAB/J-Bridge....btw what version of J-Bridge are you using? AFAIK, you need at least 1.7b for 64bit bridging to be successful. I had some issues when I was using a lower version of J-Bridge, but once I updated it, no issues at all.

Not saying you are incorrect in your experiences, all I can write about is mine, and maybe it might help "jog" something you recall about your system which may help.