Quote:
"The Days of Wine and Roses" as recorded by Henry Mancini
"Georgia" as recorded by Ray Charles
"Lucky Man" as recorded by Emerson, Lake & Palmer
"El Paso" as recorded by Marty Robbins
"Whole Lotta Love" as recorded by Led Zepplian
"Putting On The Ritz" as recorded by Taco
"Sylvie" as recorded by Matthews Southern Comfort

I will have to give these a listen. I love listening to hear what others hear...as best I can. Thanks for the list!

Quote:
I could list recordings where I get lost in the song 24/7. Production is what first attracts me to almost any recording. There are recordings that I've heard for years that I can't cite the lyrics but smile just thinking about hearing the recording.

It's funny you say this! I was driving last night, and wanted to get the melody range of a song I've listened to hundreds of times over the last 2 months.

I went to sing along with it and ending up humming it because I know so few of the words! I laughed to myself when I realized that.

Even with humming, I kept stopping because I would start focusing on the production!

Quote:
In most instances I think it is an effective use of delay and reverb to create a sense of space that gets me.

Oh my! Those are TWO of my favorites. It creates such an atmosphere in a song that effectively uses these elements.

For me, it TOTALLY changes a song!

So, like you, if you don't see my post for a day, I'm probably with headphones on, lost in a sonic world somewhere!

I'm happy to hear I'm not alone! Thanks! smile

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.