Welcome to the BIAB forum and a pretty good first posting. It certainly seems you are open to constructive criticisms, so here's mine (ha, ha). As always, it is your song and you have to make yourself happy first. If you don't want to change this one, maybe consider some of this stuff for the next one.

1.) Good singing voice and vocal performance, for sure (see criticism can be positive, too)
2.) Yea, vocal is way too loud compared to the backing instruments -- easily fixed!
3.) If you listen to your favorite artists, you will notice (in a full band setting) that different instruments are sometimes (usually?) featured in every new verse. That way there is variety to the listener's ear. I forget this one all the time and then when I listen to "reference" tracks, I always go "dang, I missed that one again!".
4.) I would look for some way to vary the verses and choruses (or refrains) from each other to make each section stand out more. Your verses and chorus seem too similar to each other.
5.) Nice dobro solo section
6.) To me, 5:48 is just too long. You could easily cut 1:30 to 2 minutes from this tune -- and lose none of the impact message. This is always a controversial critique, so do whatever you want to do and many will disagree with me.

I hope I didn't dump too much on you at once, but when I hear good stuff I like to think what could make it even better.

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud