I have a brand new Biab 2016 Pro install on Windows 10 and I get a message any time I try to generate a realtrack saying "Beat Map Stretcher was unable to load in the WAV file".

This is a pristine new install. This install is about as vanilla as you can get - all in c:\bb. I checked audio/ASIO settings as the first thing and they're fine. MIDI playback sounds fine as does VSTi playback. It's just realtracks that are the problem for me. I've looked at file locations and past forum threads. I've run dll walker to see if there is missing dll dependancies. Cold and warm boots to no avail.

However, what I have found is that this error seems due to WMA files and how they are decoded by Windows. It appears that my installation of Windows 10 is not decoding them correctly (if at all). Consequently the Beat Map Stretcher (which takes the audio and fits it to the tempo of my song and the number of bars I want it to play for) can't do it's job.

Now I'm pretty sure I'll need to try installing biab2016 on another machine with an older version of windows but I'm wondering if anyone else had this issue on Windows 10?

Cheers

Matt