Hi everyone,

Here is a song of mine, wrote a couple of years ago, but just finished to record with BiaB and RB. It marries Neitzsche and Mark Knopfler wink

"Ainsi Parlait Sarah"

You probably know that Neitzsche is a philosopher whom most famous phrase is "which does not kill us makes us stronger" ("Ce qui ne tue pas, rend plus fort" in french). It is what says all along Sarah, the main character of my song. The expression is derived from "Thus spoke Zarathustra" ("Ainsi parlait Zarathustra" in french).

I hope Sarah will forgive me for having made her a very unfortunated girl : loose father gone before birth, furthermore premature, bad father in law, then orphan, bad boyfriend, prostitute, then homeless and finally vanished (for the worse or the better, it is where is the hope...)

Regarding Marc Knopfler, whose I've always been fan, I have of course use the RTs "Dire" guitars Rhytm and solo played by Darin Favorite, to give a Dire-Straits aspect to the tune. The solo parts was long reworked in RB.

The base is _ACCNTRY.STY where I have kept 518:Basse, 405:Strumming Guitar and RDrums NasvilleEven8.
I have added : 509:Rhytme Guitar Dire and 511:Solo Guitar Dire

Don't hesitate to give your opinion and advice to improve the tune, I am open to any critical.

By the way, I have one thing to ask to you : I have saved the mp3 file directly from RB but I find that the volume is not very loud, is there a trick to get it louder ?

Thanks
Pascal

No hay banda! There is no band! Il n'est pas de orchestra!
No hay banda! And yet we hear a band !

(David Lynch - Mulholland Drive)