From reading your post, my impression of who you are, what you do & what you need tells me to recommend an external sound module. They are the least hassle, are not obsoleted by computer operating system changes and upgrades. Stay configured once they are configured. Are straightforward to learn and solid as a rock.

Once you get comfortable with using midi, you will enjoy it and will recognize the increase in quality of your backing tracks. Since you use BIAB for backing tracks, that means you do covers. Covers many times have specific riffs, instruments, solos, etc that cannot easily be obtained with RealTracks. They are extremely easy with midi.

Don't underbuy because at this point in time you do not understand. Once you begin working with midi, the understanding comes rather quickly.

Once you begin to understand midi, you will also understand that your sound module or soft synth if you decide to go that way was an investment in your music.
Therefore, you should approach your purchase as an investment. The better quality, higher featured modules hold their value very well.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 02/08/16 02:35 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.