Funny, I didn't do anything other than agree to the import and it went to the next empty track.

Eddie, yes you can always undo if there's a screw up. Either up top under Edit the first item is Undo or like Bob said Ctl Z just like Word.

I don't think the software is inconsistent it's my brain that's inconsistent and I'm not kidding. There are so many things we can do with any DAW not just RB, that can tell the software to do something different than what you thought it should do. it's usually much later you realized what you did and you slap your head (or have another beer) and go "Oh, THAT's what happened".

THEN have another beer...

I'll finish with this: Close and reopen both Biab and RB frequently. When I was working on that file last week I was doing a ton of midi editing both on the Piano Roll and editing events from the F2 list. Suddenly I would make a change and realize it didn't take, or the cursor would jump to some random bar I wasn't working on. I would do it again and again no dice. THEN, I remembered my own mantra. CLOSE AND REOPEN THE PROGRAM. Then it's all good.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.